Tuesday 3 November 2015

Twitter

Hello everyone.
Please visit my new twitter account where I will be microblogging my teaching journey! I have included a link and some of my twitter feed in the right sidebar of this blog; however, you can also reach it here: Miss Dekker's Twitter. I chose to get a twitter to stay connected with other educators as well as share and gain many classroom resources that I have used or will be using in the future. Twitter allows me to stay up to date on events and trends and provides a creative outlet for me - it allows me to creatively express myself while going about my days. I also think that twitter allows for many educational uses in the classroom:

  • It can help remind students about homework and when it is due
  • It is an opportunity to involve and invite parents into the classroom
  • Show students' work and experiences in the classroom, field trips, etc.
  • Twitter can be easily paired up with a class blog (like I did here)
  • Twitter can connect classrooms - Teachers and students from around the world can collaborate using twitter
  • Supplementary materials can be posted on twitter - Articles, news stories, opinions, etc. can be added that are relevant to class
  • Facilitate discussions - Students can tweet responses to a discussion
  • Update students and parents on any last minute changes in the classroom
  • & so many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment