Tuesday 3 November 2015

Mindomo

I have recently experimented with Mindomo. This software allows you to create mind and concept maps. There are many outlines that are already prepared and ready for use. However, you also have the ability to customize the map freely. Another cool option on Mindomo is the ability to make presentations from the maps that you have created. Once you create a mind map, you can click on the present button:
present
You are able to crop what you want on each slide of the presentation. This allows you to focus on some aspects while having the rest of the map hidden. I really liked this feature as it provides for visual learning. I also think that it is a great way to organize your thoughts. The students will be interested to see concepts laid out in a different manner.
Here is an example of a concept map that I made when I was experimenting with Mindomo:
MAP

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenepher;

    Thank you for sharing your learning through your blog. It's great to see you making your work with digital tools open for all to see.

    I am not sure if you are aware that Mindomo is available to all Ontario students in its full version for free (paid for by the Ministry of Education). You can find more information here: https://www.osapac.ca/dlr_record/mindomo/
    as well as some wonderful screencasts explaining how to log in if you are an Ontario student or educator and how to use the product.

    Other digital tools than meet Ontario data privacy legislation can be found on the OSAPAC site: https://www.osapac.ca/dlr/

    OSAPAC would like to encourage you to continue to blog. Some of our school and system leaders will be looking at the blogs of teacher candidates in Ontario to share in our understanding of making thinking and learning visible, and the importance of this in building knowledge together.

    Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna.

      Thanks for taking an interest in my blog and informing myself and other viewers about Mindomo's availability.

      Resources, like Mindomo, are extremely useful for teachers or teacher candidates; it is especially helpful when it's free!

      Blogging has been such a great experience for me and I hope that others are learning from my blog as much as I am.

      Thanks again.

      Delete